Individual Therapy – We all want to feel more fully alive, connected and whole. Using several psychotherapeutic approaches we may examine how past experiences shape current functioning, we can explore new options, and I will support you in developing greater self-awareness, freeing yourself from limiting patterns. Will use traditional talk therapy along with:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing)
- EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy)
- CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy)
Couples – All relationships require work and when you have found that you have grown apart, experienced a deterioration of communication and have stored resentment and feel distant to one another, you may want to consider couples therapy. My therapy is based on EFT (Emotionally Focused Therapy), a structured approach to couples therapy, developed by Dr. Sue Johnson and Dr. Les Greenberg.
- EFT is usually a short term (10-20 sessions) approach
- Research studies find that 70-75% of couples move from distress to recovery with EFT
- EFT creates improvements for 90% of couples coming in for therapy
- In a relatively short time, couples begin to recognize and eventually express their needs for love, support, protection and comfort that are often hidden or disguised by self-defeating patterns of conflict.
- Clarify individual and relationship goals
- Increase emotional safety in the relationship
- Learn healthy communication skills and de-escalate conflict
- Refer to my Couples Counseling page for more information
- Understand and integrate experiences from your own childhood into a nurturing style of parenting
- Promote healthy communication based on love vs. fear
- Target factors that derail you ability to stay connected
Identifying new social norms for your family in order to raise responsible and respectful children
Problem Gambler – As an authorized provider for the California Problem Gambling Treatment Service Program I have been trained in the treatment of problem gamblers. I am independently licensed by the State of California to provide free confidential problem gambling treatment. I will work with you or any member of your family affected to help you succeed using proven strategies to motivate you to change, identify triggers and prevent relapse into destructive behaviors.
- Free professional counseling services available for problem gamblers and those adversely affected by problem gambling behavior
- While most gambling does not cause problems, some people do become "hooked" on gambling, just as some people become dependent on alcohol
- Will identify distorted thoughts and feelings that arise when gambling and create a desire for change
- Avoid relapse into destructive behaviors that go hand-in-hand with gambling
- For more information you can contact 1-800-GAMBLER or www.adp.ca.gov.
"If we own the story, then we can write the ending." -Dr. Brene Brown