I offer both personal and professional experience in working with parents and children. For the last 12 years, I have been serving the needs of individuals, couples and families at a school-based and clinical mental health facility. I am a parent and have been married for over 38 years.
Following 18 years as a human resources professional in the corporate world I completed my Masters in Counseling degree at the University of San Francisco to become a licensed therapist in order to work with individuals who are navigating through challenging transitions in their lives.
I enjoy the therapeutic relationship with my clients and will work to create experiential moments in session that inspire meaning and hope so that you can improve your quality of life. I look forward to working with you if change is what you are seeking. Be prepared to laugh and cry, to look within and discover your self and others in a new way.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
- Masters of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Facilitated group therapy for teens and grandparents
- EMDR trained therapist utilizing Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing addressing PTSD, trauma, anxiety, and disturbing memories
- EFT advanced training in-process
- OPG state trained in problem and pathological gambling addiction
License and Professional Affiliations
- California Marriage and Family Therapist License, MFC #47865
- CAMFT, the California Association of Marriage, and Family Therapists
- ICEEFT, International Centre for Excellence in Emotionally Focused Therapy
- CALGETS, Authorized provider with the state of California for Problem Gamblers